Lilypie Banner

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

March 19, 2011

First trip to Ethiopia Part 2

7. On 2/17 Dr. Abdulahi came on a house call and let me know to send a humidifier and nebulizer when I get back to U.S. Played with baby.


8. On 2/18 Baby still not feeling well, so went to the doctor again. Baby has a bacterial intestinal infection and was given a shot at 11 and 7pm with Dr. Abdulahi doing a house call. During the day went with Alisa, to visit Entoto, an amazingly beautiful and the only clean air space I found in Addis Ababa. It is a mountain full of Eucalyptus trees and it smells so good. Our car broke down and we had a little adventure talking to students who live on Entoto and wanted to practice their English. We were amazed by women carrying huge bundles of wood on their back down miles of this mountain.


9. On 2/19 baby doing much better. The guest house did a 3 hour coffee ceremony for me. It was a very sad day for me. I cried a lot, along with the staff I got attached to. I left around 7pm. 36 hours later arrived in Honolulu.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa -

    We had an opportunity to meet your little one (ADORABLE!) when we were travelling with my sister (Stephanie G.) for her court date for her little daughter.

    We have a camera and took many pictures of all of the kids - if you would like the pics that we took of your beautiful girl, let me know and I can email them or figure out how to get them to you.

    Best of luck with the rest of the process and hope your daughter is home soon!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete