It went down like this:
I harrassed the embassy daily this week asking if they had any update on my paperwork (I knew it had been submitted this week). I even went so far as to call them repeatedly in Ethiopia last night. Needless to say, they did not answer my emails nor did anyone answer the phone or return my phone call.
But I digress, around 8pm I received an email saying I was cleared to go to my embassy appt, but the earliest available date was July 13th. Then 30 seconds later a new email popped up saying please disregard the previous email allowing clearance as my paperwork expires as of July 14th and I would have to renew it before they would allow me to go. I was on a high then a low and I could only think to beg them to let me come earlier. So that's what I did. I sent an email begging them to let me come a week earlier because otherwise I would be delayed a month renewing my paperwork. I didn't hold much hope out, but I did pray. A half hour later, a new email popped up saying they had an opening July 6th and they could fit me in. I literally yelled with joy and immediately emailed them back to say thank you and YES PLEASE SAVE THE DATE!
Today I confirmed with my agency and purchased my plane ticket. I am ready to go!

yeah, Lisa!! Perseverance pays off in you case, and I'm so glad!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks heavens!!! What fabulous news - soon she'll be home!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read how your trip went and how you two are doing at home now! -Megan
ReplyDelete